Dec 14, 2007

One Thin Dime

One Thin Dime


There comes a time in each mans life when self is not enough.
We wake one day, hopes gone astray, and look upon our stuff.

Unsatisfied, we cry inside, we’ve wasted so much time.
The things we have are meaningless, worth less than one thin dime.

Yesterday we had a dream; we’d make it to the top.
From others we’d gain envy, the cream of all the crop.

But from the top we gain a view of things we’ve never seen.
We see the toes we’ve stepped upon while chasing down this dream.

In looking down upon their frowns the thought to us occurs,
That reflective frown you’re seeing friend, I’m afraid that frown is yours.

Success is not about ourselves, not something to be gained.
For what success can be achieved from causing others pain?

Come down from that high pedestal, down from your high plateau.
Come down and build relationships, the seeds of love to sew.

From seeds of love comes true success, from seeds of love life grows.
You'll find that frown turned upside down, now washing those hurt toes.

I’m thankful for the things I’ve had, from them this lessoned learned;
Material things within this world are destined to be burned.

But love endures forever. Love stands the test of time.
I would not trade one ounce of love for ten million one thin dimes!

By: Michael E. Moore



Type rest of the post here

2 comments:

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Hi Micheal, this is a very touching poem, am really touched.
Godbless you in Jesus mighty Name Amen

Michael said...

Hello there Channel!

It's been so very long since we have communicated. I am to blame for that. Pardon me for not getting by to see you. I have been occupied on MyChurch.org

Feel free to drop by sometime. I am certain you would like it.

I'll come catch up on your site later.

Thanks for the great compliment. I am glad you were touched!