Dec 10, 2007

The Pain of Jabez


The Pain of Jabez


Pain is deep within my heart, it’s been there quite some time.
I used to try to kill this pain with cocaine, weed, and wine.
But temporary fixes, just leave me high and dry,
I feel the pain that Jabez felt in decades since gone by.


My pain is not within my bones, for there it could be healed,
But yet my pain is deep within, not yet to be revealed.
It is this pain that keeps me sane, paradoxically,
For if I did not feel this pain, I just might not be me.


This pain is not about myself, but ones that I have loved.
I took them all for granted, not gifts from up above.
Now alone I find myself, with heart blood pouring out
It seeps from every thought I think, of this I have no doubt.


I cry to live life over.  I want another chance.
I want to learn to live my life; I want to learn to dance.
To dance with those who’ve loved me; with those that I’ve made cry,
If I could have just one more chance, I'd dance until I die.


But wait! I have an option. There is a special way.
I could turn my heart towards Jesus, kneel down to him and say;
Lord, will you forgive me? Lord, please take me in.
Lord, how I have needed you, please forgive my sin.


The moment that I do this, I will be born again.
He’ll look at me with loving eyes, and tell me I’m his friend.
He’ll show me things I’ve never thought, He’ll teach me about life.
He’ll heal that pain I’m holding, removing all the strife.


Oh Lord, how much I thank you! Oh Lord, you are my King!
My brand new life has now begun, Oh death where is your sting?
And now I live with purpose, not prey to circumstance,
Oh Lord, how much I praise you! May I please have this dance?

By: Michael E. Moore



Type rest of the post here

8 comments:

Shalene said...

That was absolutely beautiful, Michael! I loved the way you put that. What I'm trying to say, just doesn't seem to want to come, but suffice it to say, I loved it! Blessings to you, my friend and brother in Christ!

Michael said...

Hi Shalene!

Thank you so much for the great compliment!

I thank God for how he's changed my life. He'll take our mess and make it a message won't he?

Lance said...

Wow, that was wonderful. It definitley makes me take a step back and think. As always, my friend, you are on a deeper level in your walk with Christ.

Anonymous said...

All I will say for now is WOW! That was profoundly BeauTiFul!

I look forward to reading more of your scribing. More to come...

Peace, Evita

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing that, Michael.

Often, I do feel like a wretched man and what you've posted is truly uplifting and encouraging!

Hope everything is well with you; you've been quite quiet for awhile, and I miss your regular posts.

God bless, and Shalom!

Michael said...

Sicarii,

It's good to hear from you my friend.

I know it must seem like I have been quiet. The truth is I have been spending much of my time on MyChurch. Brother, I would highly recommend you joing that site and posting some of you work there. You can have your blogs imported automatically from Blogger so it would be fairly maintenance free.

I enjoy the amount of traffic there. It's very easy to keep up with other's blog updates and there te be a lot mor commentary.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks again. See ya!

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

God bless you Micheal post more of these please

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pointer, Michael. I shall go check it out right after. ;)

I'll be looking out for you there.

God bless, and Shalom!