Oct 16, 2007

Satan is a Liar!

Thanks to all who have visited and left comments. I really appreciate you!

It's been quite a battle for me over the last couple of weeks. As I mentioned in my previous post Satan has been trying to keep me in isolation. He knows that I am a threat to his kingdom. He's trying to use his trickery to keep me from persevering unto God! What a liar he is!




James 4:7 tells us this:

So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you!

Did you know that resist means more than just ignoring Satan's temptations. Resist is an action word. It means that we have to literally fight against him. It means that we have to use all of our God-given weaponry and take affirmative action against him.

I almost fell pray to his latest attack. I have been spending much time alone, avoiding church activities, not studying the Word, not spending time in worship, dodging phone calls, etc. That's exactly where the devil wants me to be. He desires for us to feel alone. He desires for us to feel defeated. His sole purpose is to steal, kill and destroy.

But thank God that we have Jesus who never leaves us or forsakes us. Jesus came to give us an abundant life! And today I do resist the enemy! I do submit myself unto God! I do cast all my cares unto the Lord! I do receive the abundant life that he came to give me! It flows through every organ and every tissue of my being! I am like a tree that's planted by the rivers of water. I bring forth fruit in my season and my leaf shall not wither! Praise God!

I give God praise right now by saying publicly that I take Victory over the enemy in this battle! He is under my feet! I have taken the shield of faith and resisted all of his fiery darts!

Are you going through a similar battle today my friend? I encourage you to dig into the word of God with all you have. Even if it seems like you have to force yourself to do it. That force you feel coming against you is the enemy. But he cannot stand up against the Word. He never could and he never will! He is a defeated foe!

1 John 5:3-5

Loving God means keeping his commandments, and his commandments are not burdensome. For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God.

9 comments:

Carol said...

Praise Jesus because through Him, you are victorious!!!! This post made me so happy - thank you for putting this up! Do you have Charles Stanley's Satanic Attack series?

Michael said...

God bless you Carol!

I do not have that series but just the title alone sounds interesting. Is it vailable in MP3 by chance?

Anonymous said...

Glad you're back, Michael.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo! It's great to have you back, brother!

God bless!

IJ Hanna Lucky said...

Thank God for your life.
the devil is a liar and a big loser

welcome back

Cindy said...

Just happened to find you via blogrush. It's so good to see someone so onfire for the Lord!

Carol said...

This is all I could find on the Satanic Attack - at ebay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/A-SATANIC-ATTACK-CHARLES-F-STANLEY-4-CASSETTES_W0QQitemZ180169967572QQihZ008QQcategoryZ29792QQcmdZViewItem

Below is his official site - Intouch Ministries but I couldn't view the store because my Flash Player is messsed up and I can't get the page but you can check to see if you have it.

http://www.intouch.org/site/c.dhKHIXPKIuE/b.2264355/k.BE55/Home.htm

Incidentially, that is the best dvd I've ever purchased. It has helped me out immensely. My husband too - in fact he took it on the road with him AGAIN. C. Stanley shows you how to recognize the enemy's schemes and triumph before you do it. Everyone should get this series.

Michael said...

Thanks Carol.....I will check that out this weekend!

Shalene said...

Yes, Yes, Yes and Amen! We all come under this attack periodically. I find that I come under attack most often, when I am sharing powerful truths. Something will happen that causes symptoms of my depression to roll in, of which withdrawal from normal activity is one, and I start avoiding those things which bring me closer to God. I finally realized this this past week, when I hadn't spent time doing my bible study, or much time in prayer other than when I was feeling sorry for myself, and dug in. I made myself, and now I feel so much better. Now I want to reach out to others again. Isn't it great knowing that the deceiver is a defeated foe??? Blessings to you!