Sep 23, 2007

Build a Team

In my previous post I shared my testimony of how entering into a relationship with Jesus changed my life. I also mentioned that God wants me to use this site to reach out to the alcoholics and drug addicts. Drugs and alcohol turned my life into a living hell. If I can do anything at all to keep someone else from going through what I went through, whatever it takes, then that is my mission.

All day long I have been thinking about this. Thinking how am "I" going to make this happen? I was just having dinner a few moments ago. Sitting alone in a little Asian cafe, looking around at all the people in and around my complex, and God very subtly said, "You aren't, we are." Then he said Michael, "remember what I told you in John 4:24, I am spirit. Then he said, "and my words are spirit, and they are life", John 6:63. Ok God, but what are you getting at? He said, "I dwell in the hearts of the believers". Ok God, I know this, but what are you getting at more specifically, I am kind of hard headed at times. He said "you're telling me". Ouch. Then he said, "build a team". That's it. That's all I got. Build a team.

So now I''m thinking, "how to build a team". I don't have that answer just yet, but it's a start!

Luke 10:1-2
The Lord now chose seventy-two other disciples and sent them ahead in pairs to all the towns and places he planned to visit. These were his instructions to them: “The harvest is great, but the workers are few. So pray to the Lord who is in charge of the harvest; ask him to send more workers into his fields.

1 comments:

Shalene said...

Michael, if you figure out how God wants your "team" to work, be sure to contact me. I'm not ashamed to share my experiences for a woman's point of view, because as you know, addiction is not just a man's problem. Anyway, if I can, I would be happy to help. I don't have a lot of excess time, and can't do much as far as physical presence goes, but I've got lots of words. :) God has led me to use my life as a ministry to others, and that includes my past as well as my present and future. If you'd like my help, you can count me as part of your team. Or better yet- His. Blessings to you brother. Forever In Him, Shalene